Why is your email marketing strategy not converting as it should?
Here are 7 email marketing mistakes, according to an infographic by ReachMail.
1. The first mistake is not creating an integrated strategy that optimizes the email campaign for mobile. According to ReachMail, 75% of mobile users in the United States use their phones for email, and 40.1% of all email marketing campaigns are opened on mobile phones.
In addition, 4 in 5 mobile users will leave a website that is not optimized for mobile.
2. Not making sure that the text and images are the correct sizes causes 70% of people to quickly delete an email that does not appear correctly on mobile.
3. Not making sure you send your email campaigns at the right time. The highest mobile engagement time is between 10 AM and 12 noon and from 4PM to 6PM.
4. Not segmenting audiences by demographics. The infographic notes that 80% of millennials have a cell phone and are thus more likely to read email on mobile.
5. Not optimizing for all devices, both iPhone and Android.
6. Hiding your call to action where the user has to scroll to find it. The user will quickly leave a website on mobile if they don’t quickly see what they are seeking.
7. If you make buying too difficult and have it take too many clicks, then you will lose conversions. Seven out of 10 consumers are likelier to buy from a mobile-friendly site.