Here are 8 email marketing mistakes that make campaigns less effective, according to an article in Forbes.
- 1. Not providing value to the prospective customer is a big mistake.
2. Using clickbait in the subject line.
3. Making every email campaign about selling.
4. Failing to research before emailing.
5. Not personalizing the content and addressing the email to someone else.
6. Sending emails too often leads to higher unsubscribe rates or the email being marked as spam.
7. Disregarding email preferences and not following what the person signed up for.
8. Focusing too much on your company and how well it is doing. People want to know what is in it for them.